Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Environment, Local development, Research
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global Objective of this Call for Proposals is to reduce the vulnerability of the Namibian rural population to the adverse impacts of climate change.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote and support mitigation strategies and sustainable actions that contribute to renewable energy usage and energy use efficiency in rural communities of Namibia.
– Enhancing the regulatory framework and investment climate for renewable energy in Namibia;
– Promoting the use and/or generation of renewable forms of energy in rural areas;
– Promoting energy efficiency and saving measures in rural areas
Among financed actions
– Policy analysis, and identification of regulatory and governance frameworks and bottlenecks to investment in the renewables sector and other mitigation measures.
– Proposing improvement measures to promote access and availability of sustainable renewable energy.
– Creating partnerships with private sector for investment, awareness raising and advocacy campaigns to promote mitigation measures, including
– Increasing access to energy in rural areas
– Investing in replicable solar energy generation projects.
– Research and investment to harness wind energy.
– Reduction of greenhouse gases emission from the agricultural sector through efficient energy use.
– Green hybridisation of existing systems