Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Education - Training, Employment, Environment, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to support pastoralism and transhumance by supporting knowledge, setting up a monitoring and advocacy platform on pastoralism, developing the Livestock and meat values, support for transboundary epidemiological surveillance and cooperation on animal diseases that are hazardous and/or have an impact on human health.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Contribute to facilitating calm cross-border transhumance and improve nutrition (LOT 1) ;
– Securing herd mobility and access to pastoral resources and markets (LOT 2)
– Lot 1: Dialogue and governance of cross-border transhumance ;
– Lot 2: Cross-border pastoral infrastructure and development
Among the actions financed
– The promotion and stimulation of multi-actor and multi-scale frameworks for the management of calm cross-border transhumance ;
– Development of cross-border management schemes ;
– Capacity building