Sectors: Energy, Innovation, Local development, Research, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to increase access to modern, reliable and sustainable energy services at acceptable cost for the consumers in the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) region, and thereby contribute to the countries’ sustainable development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support to design, engineer, construct and operate centralised and decentralised systems for generation of electricity and energy based on renewable sources, with a demonstration and replicability potential (1)
– To promote public-private partnerships and transfers of technologies (2)
– To promote of innovative schemes suitable for local context (3)
– To develop positive actions in terms of social inclusion, based on improved access to energy services for local economic activities, promoting economic development, occupation and poverty reduction (4)
Among financed actions
– Installation of equipment
– Electrification in general, and rural electrification in particular
– Training of staff and/or users
– Awareness raising, information and communication