Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Human Rights, Local development, Public Management, Services, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific: Ivory Coast
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to help improve the delivery of care, to enhance access to care, particularly in relation to the health of the mother and child (MDGs 4 and 5), to reform the principles and actions concerning the Primary Health Care for vulnerable and marginalized groups and finally to enhance the quality of care under the minimum package of activities first contact.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the improvement of health care provision
– To strengthen the health system, particularly in relation to maternal and child health
– To reorganise community-based health facilities and other existing public institutions
– To strengthen the capacity of local management (institutional, financial) and above all those concerning associations managing ESCom
– To strengthen community involvement in co-management of ESCom and / or support the creation of new institutions in line with the health card, in health districts of urban areas of Abidjan, Bouaké, Man and San Pedro
– Promotion of maternal and child health
– Organization of the renewal
– Establishment of managing associations of ESCom and building their capacity
– Communication towards communities and community mobilization
– Improving the co-management of ESCoM and the promotion of good governance
– Functional rehabilitation of ESCom
– Purchase of essential generic medicines
– Purchase of medical technical equipment or other equipment or furniture
Among financed actions
– Strengthening of the capacities of managing associations of health facilities that are community-based especially in the areas of management and community involvement
– Capacity building of local staff
– Capacity building of health care providers concerning the rational management of essential medicines
– Monitoring / Evaluation
– Analysis of local health problems, planning and implementation of solutions involving the community including mini-studies and participatory diagnosis
– Conflict management (internal and external)
– Hygiene and sanitation at the community in the fight against communicable diseases and diseases of “dirty hands”
– Home visits for the ill