Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of PASTOR programme is to promote a concerted and sustainable use of pastoral resources in Chad, taking into account local populations’ needs, building their resilience to the impacts of climate change in pastoral and agro-pastoral zones, creating jobs for young people and reducing poverty.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Component 2 – PASTOR-SOUTH: Livestock is developped sustainably and agro-pastoral resources are managed peacefully and innovatively in Sudanian zone in the regions of Mandoul and Moyen-Chari.
– Component 3 – PASTOR-CENTRE: The access to pastoral resources is secured and the management of the pastoral land is innovative (Fitri department, Guéra region)
– Component 4 – PASTOR-EAST: The agro-pastoral resources are managed sustainably in border areas of Eastern Chad (Ennedi, Wadi Fira, Ouaddaï, Sila and Salamat)
– Improvement of concerted management of agro-pastoral resources (consultations, developments of transhumance corridors, pastoral water points);
– Innovations in the field of combination of farming and livestock breeding in areas under demographic pressure.
Among financed actions
– Strengthening actors’ capacity about the creation of a legal framework regulating livestock; regional management of pastoral development with the different stakeholders aiming at developing a regional strategy of a sustainable pastoral development and resilient to climate change.
– realisation of concerted pastoral hydraulic installations and securing of mobility
– technical, economic and social innovations in animal health systems