Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Federations Unions, SMEs
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific : Cameroon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to sustainable development of the banana sector in Cameroon that plays its role in national economic growth, by enhancing the balance of trade, generating tax revenue and employment, thus contributing to the reduction of poverty and maintain social and political stability in historical sensitive Mungo and Fako regions.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support sustainable improvement of the competitiveness (quantitative and qualitative) of the banana sector in Cameroon
– Enhancing the economic sustainability through an increase in productivity
– Improving the working conditions
– Improving the environmental conditions of production
– Achieving economies of scale by doubling production in 10 years
– Developing transversal actions between operators
– Improving the market approach and commercial valuation
– Accompanying measures
Among financed actions
– Actions to obtain and secure ethical and social certifications
– Improvement of the productivity of the work force through lifelong learning and motivation
– Preservation of decent jobs