Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Health, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Services, Town planning, Transport
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific: Burkina Faso
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to implement, as part of the works to strengthen RN1 – Sakoinsé-Boromo (RN 1 to 121.9 km), a major program of accompanying measures.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call is divided into three lots
– Lot 1: the fight against road accidents (200 000 euro)
– Lot 2: the fight against HIV-AIDS and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) (100 000 euro)
– Lot 3: the protection of the environment, environmental awareness and the fight against deforestation (100 000 euro)
– Lot 1: To reduce the number of road accident victims
– Lot 2: To reduce the negative consequences of the presence of construction workers in villages and to reduce the incidence of HIV / AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections
– Lot 3: To reduce the negative impacts on the environment concerning the development of roads, particularly linked to the deforestation
* Lot 1:
– Limiting the number and severity of traffic accidents (awareness, preparation and installation of panels, etc.)
– Improving the management conditions of road injuries (first aid, evacuation, …)
– Reducing the behavior of populations leading to deterioration of the road and its equipment (awareness, preparation and installation of panels, etc.)
* Lot 2:
– Reducing sexual risk behaviors
– Increasing the availability of condoms near the target population
– Improving the screening and care of AIDS patients
– Reducing risk behaviors of road users and local communities living near the raods
– Ensure the sustainability of actions based on existing intermediary organizations
* Lot 3:
– Reducing actions leading to deforestation, suggesting, if necessary, alternative solutions to the use of wood or low wood consumption
– Initiating sustainable income-generating activities allowing a better management of natural resources in the project area (reforestation, etc.)
Among financed actions
– Actions to create and reproduce educational and communication tools
– Actions to acquire materials for target audiences
– Advocacy and training
– Measures to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders
– Promotion of socio-economic activities