Sectors: Economy - Finances, Environment, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – Support to Eco-Tourism Development in Botswana – 2020
Funds for: facilitate the development of the eco-tourism value chain with a focus on community-based, economically-viable and effectively managed ecotourism enterprises, conservation and heritage areas
Priorities and funded actions:
* Improving the business enabling environment and investment climate;
* Upgrading value chains and services with high potential for job creation, including tourism
* Community-based natural resource management (CBNRM) and nature-based tourism to provide substantial employment and economic benefits to local communities;
* Promotion of initiatives that support sustainable development and diversification of the tourism offer in Botswana, including cultural, heritage and adventure tourism;
* Support to eco-friendly tourism practices and conservation activities in and around protected areas;
* Improving participation of local communities in the tourism value chains and integration in local/regional supply chains
Among financed actions
* Strengthening capacities of community-based organisations and SMEs to develop eco-tourism enterprises and participation in the tourism value-chain;
* Support sustainable livelihoods of local communities, participation in wildlife conservation, and resilience building against the impact of climate change;
* Support to green investments and eco-friendly practices in the eco-tourism sector;
* Capacity building of communities to start and promote value addition activities to veld and other indigenous products and diversification of tourism-oriented services and products;
* Facilitate market linkages between locally produced products and services with the tourism offer;
* Land and local development planning and management based on an integrated landscape approach;
* Promoting effective governance arrangements involving local communities living in and around protected areas;
* Support communities to recover from the COVID-19 socio-economic impact on their livelihoods
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation;
– Be established in an Africa Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of States or in a Member of the European Union (inclunding the United Kingdom);
– This obligation does not apply to international organisations;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
– Be able to demonstrate that they have carried out activities in the field of this call for proposals at least during the last three years at the time of submission of an application
* Actions must take place in Botswana