Sectors: Citizenship, Environment, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific : Senegal
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call is to promote actions in favour of citizenship or of urban solidarity, implemented by organisations in the suburbs of Dakar.
Priorities and funded actions:
-To improve the capacity of citizen’s movements to be structured and to manage funding
– To strengthen the capacity of citizen’s movements to support the action of citizen’s basic organisations
– To reinforce the capacities of citizen’s movements for a better monitoring, advocacy towards the concerned authorities and a communication strategy about the defense and conservation of a healthy environment in the suburbs of Dakar, including fighting against sea erosion
-Sanitation and/or integrated management of household waste (collect, process, eliminate) and in the suburbs of Dakar, emphasizing on recycling including the production of sustainable energy
Among financed activities
– Development of the capacities of citizen’s movements (structuration, training, coaching)
– Training for the population to use and own public work (open channel, rain retention basin…)
-Developement of a strategy of rehabilitation/valorisation of areas from inundation zones
– Development of social and awareness raising communication plans with a range of appropriate supports