Sectors: Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is the identification and subsequent implementation of actions by stakeholders living in or adjacent to TFCAs (trans-boundary conservation areas). Such activities will be aimed at promoting and strengthening the establishment and sustainable management of the TFCAs.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase and/or improve local community involvement in livelihoods development, benefit sharing and wildlife law enforcement are identified, appraised and implemented
– Strengthening community participation in, and support for, law enforcement and anti-poaching in the selected MIKES focal sites or relevant non-MIKES areas, on both sides of international borders, in prioritized TFCAs ;
– Strengthening capacity of communities living in or near TFCAs, on both sides of international borders, to support long-term sustainable ecosystem management and wildlife conservation, and incentivising such support through livelihood development and benefit sharing
Among financed actions
– Development of community communication and collaboration mechanisms in support of wildlife and protected areas management;
– Community collaboration on protected areas in law enforcement and anti-poaching patrols;
– Establishment of community-based wildlife crime intelligence information systems, including informant networks and community-based crime prevention programmes