Sectors: Co-op & Development, Energy, Environment
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is that enabling conditions are created for full scale access in rural areas to basic energy options.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increasingly commercialise access to improved energy household devices in pilot areas, including innovative solutions such as stoves equipped with an integrated solar panel producing sufficient electricity for LED bulbs and battery charging of cell phones and/or Solar Home Systems and other innovative rural electrification technologies, including after-sale structures for such devices;
– Show that mini-grid projects in rural areas are possible. Intervention areas are to be selected based on their economic growth potential through e.g. emerging small rural enterprises;
– Establish infrastructure and address logistical challenges associated with developing sustainable energy products and service businesses (delivery models) within rural Lesotho
– Sound business models;
– Economic growth and Energy centres;
– Energy-Water-Food Security Nexus
Among financed actions
– Installation, maintenance and associated activities pertaining to improved cook-stoves, solar lanterns and solar home system businesses within rural, un-electrified areas of Lesotho;
– Installation, maintenance and associated activities pertaining to establishing and/or supporting mini-grids in the rural areas