Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Developing countries: less developed countries as defined by the United Nations
* Worldwide: any country where reciprocal access to external assistance has been established
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to raise the income of producers around Antananarivo and at improving the access of population to a reliabale market of agricultural products and of fuelwood.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call is divided into three lots
– Lot 1: Support to the sector of market gardening, free-range chicken and tree fruit (3 400 000 euro)
– Lot 2: Support to the fisheries sector (1 800 000 euro)
– Lot 3: Support to the sector of fuelwood (5 700 000 euro)
– Lot 1: to raise the income and production capabilities of 400 farmer groups while improving food security and nutritional diversification
– Lot 2: to develop intensive aquaculture and raise incomes for hundreds of producer groups while improving food security and nutritional diversification
– Lot 3: to raise the production capabilities and the incomes of househods organised in groups and involved or interested in activities releted to reforestation and ressource-efficient use of fuelwoof
Among financed actions
– Awareness-raising, training
– Formalisation of partnerships with private operators
– Development of technical communications
– Training in production techniques
– Setting up of fruit trees nurseries
– Production and dissemination of models/prototypes of packaging material for perishable goods
– Research on and dissemination of technical innovations