Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Innovation, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, SMEs, Training centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Including less developed regions as specified in the latest OECD-DAC list Official Development Assistance (ODA)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to increase agricultural productivity and food security of rural communities through improved access of farmers to irrigated agriculture.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the productivity and efficiency of small scale farmers through sustainable irrigation development
– To directly influence the prevailing land use practices with the objective of improving the sustainable yield of the water sources required for the long-term viability of the irrigation schemes to be funded
– Construction or rehabilitation or expansion or upgrading of irrigation schemes including dams if required
– Environmental management and mitigation plans implemented and monitored
– Resettlement Action Plans implemented as recommended
– Water Users’ Associations established, trained and operational
– Farmers capacitated in commercial oriented agriculture
– Farmers capacitated in sustainable irrigation management
– Farmers capacitated in the sustainable management of buffer zones in the vicinity of the reservoirs and catchment areas adjacent
Among financed actions
– Construction, rehabilitation, expansion or upgrading of irrigation structures in order to ensure that small holders have access to sufficient water to meet their full crop requirements
– Capacity building of farmers, farmer groups, water users’ associations
– Sustainable management of buffer zones around reservoirs and adjacent catchment
– Facilitating the improvement of harvesting, transport, marketing, and processing facilities for the proposed irrigation schemes