Sectors: Co-op & Development, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP : Senegal
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to increase participation of civil society organisations to sectorial dialogues and transparency expectations on public resources management.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop the production, dissemination and debate of results of joint research between research organisms, CSOs and other partners on the relevance, the intersectionality and the implementation of sectorial policies relating to water and sanitation.
– The issue of the access of poor people to sanitation in semi-urban area and in a rural areas with a focus on research offering structures adapted to the needs of disadvantaged people (women, people with disabilities …) and at lower costs
– The action-research for knowledge development and advocacy relating to resource quality and drinking water, its impact at the nutritional level and population health as well as water price structure in rural areas
– Research actions related to the transition process of the current community management of rural drillings towards delegation of public services with a particular focus on identification of enabling factors and support actions of community players, in particular women
– Analysis of the efficiency of the “water and sanitation” budget : what is the price/performance ratio of sectorial expenses ? Study of the main determinants of the efficiency of the budget, types of intervention and instruments
Among financed actions
– Production of adapted models, at lower costs and viable, of sanitation works in semi-urban and rural areas
– Proposal for value-making systems of sanitation by-products in order to generate resources at local level
– Proposal of appropriate transfer, planning and project management mechanisms of autonomous sanitation projects to local communities
– Implementation of a viable multi-actor observatory for the monitoring of resource quality, of drinking water and prices (including their structure) of water in rural areas accompanied by information and communication system to the public ; and proposals of control and monitoring mechanisms of quality resource and water