Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, Services, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Actions should take place in the States of Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau, in Nigeria.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE Funding – EDF – Contribute
Funds for: Engaging the civil society for better governance in the water and sanitation sector
Main beneficiaries: Non-governmental organisations
Other topics: Increase access to safe, adequate and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States
Other beneficiaries: Public sector operator, Local authority, International organisations
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: Engaging the potential of the civil society in advocating for better governance in the water and sanitation sector and to provide an enabling environment for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to act as a potential driver for good governance in the broader context of the public sector service delivery
Main beneficiaries: Non-governmental organisations, Public sector operator, Local authority, International organisations
Priorities and funded actions:
– Improve water policy and institutional framework;
– Develop approaches and strategies for improving water and sanitation governance at State, Local Government Authority (LGA) and community levels for sustained Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) service delivery
– The action must cover innovative approaches to leverage public and non-public sector coordination and financing in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector to ensure good governance, transparency/value for money and long-term sustainability of WASH facilities;
– The action must ensure coherence and alignment of the activities with the institutional reforms and regulatory framework in the sector and in the States;
– Preference will be given to proposals demonstrating innovative approaches that show most promising prospects for long-term economic viability and sustainability