Sectors: Innovation, Justice - Security, Research
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDIDP – Defence capabilities supported by artificial intelligence – 2020
Funds for: helping overcoming the “3V challenge” (volume, variety and velocity) of big data while providing data processing that includes a controlled level of decision based on AI’s knowledge
Priorities and funded actions:
* Helping the operator to leverage multi-source intelligence (multi-INT) data in large collections of data
* Support decision-making tools in command and control at all levels, including the use of predictive algorithms to anticipate threats/trends through analysis of big data and neural networks;
* Improve intelligence gathering and processing to provide common operational picture and situational awareness;
* Support recurrent activities such as strategic communication (STRATCOM), logistics planning, airspace management, energy management of platforms, and analysis of lessons identified in operational context;
* Develop the desired level of autonomy of unmanned systems with autonomous and (automated) guidance, navigation and control for mobility and with autonomous decision making for responsiveness in order to operate in highly dynamic, contested and congested environments
Among financed actions
* Identification of feasible use cases and related requirements definition for AI-based application contexts;
* Scouting of contemporary technology that can support agile design and implementation activities;
* Collection of data representative of the use cases;
* Implementation of verification metrics (scenario simulation using the collected data);
* Implementation of technology demonstrator(s);
* Verification of the technology demonstrator(s) through simulation of scenarios
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 4 years
– Be a public or private undertaking established in the Union;
– Consortium of at least three eligible entities which are established in at least three different Member States