Sectors: Industry, Justice - Security, Research
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: Eurcopean Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDIDP – Ground combat capabilities – 2020
Funds for: developing next generation and upgrade of current armoured platforms, including those able to operate in extreme climates and geographical environments
Priorities and funded actions:
* Developing next generation armoured platforms, in particular addressing Main Battle Tank (MBT) or Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) or Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) or other light armoured vehicle;
* Developing and integrating modern and upgraded systems, subsystems or sensors into existing platforms and/or payloads improving significantly their performance.
* Rebuild a credible deterrent in terms of land combat capability, by introducing in the shortest time a significant number of advanced armoured combat vehicles;
* Introduce new innovative (spin-offs) vehicle technologies and capabilities that can be adopted to other vehicles/platforms/layouts;
* Increase EU industry capability to produce new highly innovative vehicle systems;
* Provide solutions that solves future capability needs of several Member States with maximum commonality and modularity;
* Provide vehicle solutions, which have a reduced environmental/logistic footprint;
* Establish European business consortium able to offer competitive solutions for global market;
* Decrease dependence from non-EU technologies and products.
Among financed actions
* The collection and definition of concept of operations (CONOPS);
* A feasibility study for the possible concept and technical solutions which fulfil the given high level requirements, including a Detailed Requirements Review (DRR);
* The detailed system specification;
* The high-level design of the selected concept;
* The detailed design of the system, including a System Requirement Review (SRR), a Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR);
* The elaboration of a demonstrator; the benchmarking/testing of the demonstrator platform against the requirements.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 4 years max
– Be public or private undertakings established in the Union;
– The action must be carried out by undertakings cooperating within a consortium of at least three eligible entities which are established in at least three different Member States