Sectors: Co-op & Development, Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union, Latin America, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Guyana (lot 1); Suriname (lot 2)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to support civil society working in Guyana and Suriname in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform;
– To build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy;
– To enhance political representation and participation
Lot 1- Guyana:
– Death Penalty;
– Gender Equality and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) rights;
– Rights of the Child
Lot 2- Suriname:
– Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) rights;
– Human Trafficking;
– Domestic and Sexual Violence
Among financed actions
– Promotion of human rights and monitoring their application;
– Advocacy and support programmes for organisations defending the rights of individuals subject to discrimination on any ground;
– Activities to reduce domestic and sexual violence, support groups, provision of shelters