Sectors: Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* for Lot 1 and Lot 2 (EIDHR): all countries which are fully untied, without prejudice to the limitations inherent in the nature and objectives of the action.
* for Lot 3 (ENI): EU Member States, Beneficiaries of IPA II, Countries of the European Economic Area, Developing Countries and Territories, Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) covered by Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the Overseas Countries and Territories with the European Union and the partner countries or territories covered by the instrument.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR and ENI – Human Rights Call for Proposals – Jordan – 2020
Grant for: strengthening the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interest and consolidating political participation and representation
Priorities and funded actions:
* to support and strengthen civil society organisations in Jordan working on human rights (political, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation, so as to:
– pursue common agenda for human rights and democratic reform;
– build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy;
– enhance the inclusiveness, pluralism and efficiency of civil society;
– support the implementation of the EU Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy 2020-2024 and EU guidelines on human rights at local level.
* Rights of the child (Lot 1) – EIDHR
* Women’s rights and women’s participation and voice in society (Lot 2) – EIDHR
* Promotion of Human Rights in Culture and Art (Lot 3) – ENI
Amongst financed actions
* For lot 1, Rights of the Child:
– cohesion building among stakeholders, for example through dialogue platforms, focus group discussions, set up of networks etc.;
– advocacy and legal support ;
– promotion and awareness raising activities, through conferences, seminars, workshops, media announcements and programmes, etc, as a part of a wider range of activities;
– capacity building, training and educational activities;
– monitoring, reporting, study and research activities as part of a wider range of activities.
* For lot 2, Women’s rights and women’s participation and voice in society:
– promotion of gender equality and women’s rights in Jordan through supporting the elimination of gender-based violence and/orenhancing women leadership and participation in public life and decision-making.
* For lot 3, Promotion of Human Rights in Culture and Art:
– visual expression and/orperformances and/ordebates and/orworkshops and exhibitions to advocate for human rights, encourage critical thinking and civil engagement.
* This call is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person and;
– Be primarily civil society organisations with no geographical requirements set a priori. Given the nature of the objectives, however, the actions’ focus will preferably be on in-country civil society organisations, and;
– Public-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations (including in particular National Human Rights Institutions), international inter-governmental organisation and national parliamentary bodies will be judged eligible when this is necessary to achieve the objectives of the EIDHR; and;
– Natural persons and entities without legal personality are eligible for funding under the CBSS in exceptional and duly justified cases, when this is necessary to achieve the objectives of the instrument, and;
– Be non-profit-making and;
– Be established in:
> for lot 1 and lot 2 (EIDHR), all countries that are fully untied without prejudice to the limitations inherent to the nature and the objectives of the action; and
> for lot 3 (ENI): EU Member States, IPA II beneficiaries, European Economic Area, Developing countries and territories, (included in the OECD-DAC list of ODA recipients), which are not members of the G20 group: Least Developed Countries (LDCs) Other Low Income Countries Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories, Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) covered by Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union and partner countries or territories covered by the Instrument (annex I of the ENI Intrument); and;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
* Actions must take place in Jordan.