Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP : Botswana
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase and deepen civil society organisations’ engagement in human rights and democracy in Botswana and to channel that into concrete actions in selected priority areas.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Civic education for 2019 first time voters on principles of democracy, participation, rights and responsibilities
– Improved access to and uptake of available government services for indigenous children, women and/or men by systematically addressing the under-utilization of such services
– The rights aspects of Sexual and Reproductive Health
Among financed activities
– Awareness-raising campaigns and/or lobbying activities for informing public opinion and key decision makers in the areas of the objectives identified in this Call
– Improving social, economic and political participation of indigenous groups through promoting dialogue with authorities
– Advocacy to the public and decision-makers, e.g. for legal and constitutional reform
– Creating opportunities for dialogue with authorities on indigenous or gender issues;
– Organizing of public debates and dialogue sessions on human rights issues included in this call
– Organizing petitions in relation to human rights issues included in this call