Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: European Union, Gulf countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interest and consolidating political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society in Jordan working on human rights (political, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation;
– To pursue common agenda for human rights and democratic reform;
– To build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy;
– To enhance the inclusiveness, pluralism and efficiency of civil society
– The right to fair trial and rule of law (lot 1);
– Freedom of Expression and Media Freedom (lot 2)
Among financed actions
– Cohesion building among stakeholders (dialogue platforms, focus group discussions, set up of networks etc);
– Advocacy and legal support;
– Promotion and awareness raising activities;
– Capacity building, training and educational activities