Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in its actions aimed at promoting the protection and promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms in Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support for the fight against corruption;
– Promotion of democratic governance and enhanced participation of civil society in political dialogue, with a specific focus on women’s participation;
– Strengthen the capacity and ownership of local civil society actors;
– Promotion of the social and economic rights listed in the National Economic Development Plan (specifically education, social protection and public health, including reproductive health);
– Protect and promote the rights of the most vulnerable (women, children, the elderly and the disabled);
– Protection and promotion of children’s rights
Among financed actions
– Strengthen the prevention of corruption in electoral matters;
– Strengthen the dialogue and democratic culture of Gabonese society, between non-governmental organizations and public bodies;
– Strengthen the capacity of CSOs, including good governance and transparency