Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Latin America: Ecuador
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful reconciliation of interests and the enlargment of participation and political representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform
– To promote democratic culture, enhancing political representation and participation of civil society towards the most vulnerable groups and strengthen inclusion and pluralism in defending human rights
– Support the implementation of the EU human rights guidelines at the local level
– Human rights defense and protection by strengthening the role and the capacity of human rights advocates, as well as specific vulnerable and excluded groups
– Democratic participation and technical support to legislators at national and local level
Among financed actions
– Measures to promote human rights (media campaigns, training and education)
– Provision of logistic and technical resources for surveillance and monitoring of vulnerable groups rights
– Advocacy to improve the availability and access to services (medical, legal, education …) targeting marginalized and vulnerable groups
– Financial support, so that human rights defenders can carry out their work and strengthen their organizational and financial capacity