Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support Civil Society efforts in promoting and protecting Human Rights and developing and consolidating Democracy in Myanmar.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To empower and support the work of “community” Human Rights Defenders (HRD) in promoting and protecting political, civil, social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination such as the poor, women, children, minority groups and migrants
– To promote and support an inclusive society, active citizenship and a culture of tolerance and pluralism
– Rural development / Agriculture / Food and nutrition security
– Governance / Rule of law / State capacity building
– Peace-building support
Among financed actions
– Actions that strengthen the capacity of Human Rights Defenders and Civil Society to raise awareness and advocate about the rights of vulnerable people in line with international human rights conventions, particularly in the ethnic states, regions and remote areas of Myanmar
– Actions that support the constructive engagement of civil society with the Parliament and Local Authorities aiming at shared and democratic governance
– Actions that raise awareness about trafficking in human beings (THB), support the fight against THB in all its forms of exploitation (labour, sexual, etc.) and provide assistance to the reintegration of the victims
– Actions that encourage youth’s participation in public life at community, local, regional and national levels
– Actions that encourage women’s participation in political processes and/or empower women in legislative debates, public policy and planning processes