Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP country : South Afraica
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the enhancement of democracy and human rights in South Africa.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Contribute, through supporting civil society organisations, to the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms and to contribute to the strengthening of the international framework for the promotion and protection of human rights, justice and the rule of law in South Africa.
– advancement of business and human rights and environmental rights in the context of guides and principles at national and international level, where applicable;
– promotion of the rights of vulnerable groups such as farm workers and farm dwellers, persons with disabilities, and migrants;
– promotion of gender equality and fight against sexual and gender based violence;
– freedom of expression and access to information;
– enhancement of human rights in detention centres;
– support to accountability measures and fight against impunity;
– support social dialogue and the work of trade unions and/or worker’s organisations.
Among financed actions
– Training, seminars, conferences and awareness-raising/mobilisation of communities on human rights issues and instruments for relevant target groups;
– Legal counselling and legal assistance for people whose human rights were violated;
– Legal, administrative, organisational assistance and capacity building to new or fragile civil society organisations or initiatives, in particular outside the main urban areas and in remote areas, working on human rights issues;