Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Employment, Human Rights, Information, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to accompany civil society organisations as well as public bodies in the promotion of democratic values, a pluralistic political dialogue and an environment conducive to citizen participation
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support and strengthen participatory and representative democracy, including parliamentary democracy, and the processes of democratisation
– To promote freedom of expression and a tolerant and open environment through the free access to information, protection of the actors guardians of that freedom, promotion of a professional media and the right to communicate freely
– To promote the freedom of assembly, of association of peaceful gatherings and support cooperation and pooling of social groups (trade unions, youth, women, minorities)
– To favour a dialogue for stability and peace through the promotion of civic education and of a general « willingness to live together » ;
– To favour a climate of confidence as regards the electoral process and its institutions and strengthen the reliability and the transparency of the processes, at all stages of the electoral cycle
– Being the fruit of an already existing partnership between civil society organisations and/or of public bodies having already implemented joint actions
– Encouraging and strengthening the partnership between civil society organisations and public/private sector organisations as well as the partnership between parliamentary organs and independent political foundations
– Encouraging the partnership between Cameroonian and non-Cameroonian civil society organisations
– Focusing on the most deprived regions of the country
– Focusing local human resources
Among financed actions
– Improving coordination and pooling of activities and actors intervening in the sectors related to the specific objectives of this call for proposal
– Strengthening of the social dialogue
– Promoting political representativeness and participation by including deprived or vulnerable groups
– Creation of a regional space for exchange and lobbying
– Professional and ethical training for political party representatives
– Awareness raising through cultural activities: cartoons, theatre, concerts, films etc