Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Caribbean – Pacific: Congo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to democracy and the rule of law as well as the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote and protect the rights of vulnerable people and groups
– To contribute to the respect of fundamental freedoms and human dignity
– To strengthen representative and participatory democracy, transparency and accountability
Among financed actions
– Actions aiming at promoting gender equality, defending women’s rights, fostering their empowerment and fighting against discriminations and violence towards women
– Actions contributing to the respect of children’s rights as codified in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and its Optional Protocols
– Actions aiming at promoting and protecting the rights of indigenous peoples and the rights of LGBT persons
– Actions aiming at promoting the equal treatment of disabled people
– Improvement of prison conditions and social reintegration of detainees
– Promotion of freedom of thought, freedom of the press, freedom of speech offline and online, freedom of assembly and association
– Fight against torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment and assistance to victims
– Civic and values education
– Improvement of the electoral governance by making recommendations and informing citizens about the electoral process