Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to support civil society and human rights defenders in third countries in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Pursuing common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– Building consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
– Increasing safety structures for human rights defenders
– Supporting activities aimed at promoting the issues covered by EU Human Rights guidelines and in the EUs Strategic Framework and Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy
– Enhancing the rule of law and good governance
Among financed actions
– Promotion of the implementation of the adopted laws and regulations
– Advocacy for the revision of the existing legislation and adoption of the new ones in accordance with the EU standards and requirements
– Establishment of dialogue with “political society” (e.g. with political parties, groups of parliamentarians or legislative bodies)
– Monitoring and reporting activities, for example in the context of the accession process, as well as in monitoring of implementation of international commitments and ratified human rights instruments
– Drafting of policy or legislation recommendations
– Public awareness raising campaigns