Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase and deepen civil society organisations engagement in human rights and democracy in Botswana.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen civic education around the principles of democracy and participation in political processes;
– To improve child protection;
– Enabling communities and service providers to better address child protection issues;
– To empower women by strengthening female participation in decision making structures at all levels.
Among financed actions
– Awareness-raising campaigns and/or lobbying activities for informing public opinion and key decision makers in the areas of the objectives identified in this Call;
– Improving social, economic and political participation of indigenous and/or disadvantaged groups (e.g. through promoting dialogue with authorities);
– Advocacy to the public and decision-makers, e.g. for legal and constitutional reform, in the areas of the objectives of this call.