Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia: Sri Lanka
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the development and consolidation of
democracy, the rule of law and respect for fundamental rights and freedoms in Sri Lanka.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the involvement of organised civil society in the shaping and monitoring of local and/or national policies regarding democratisation, good governance, respect for fundamental rights and freedom of expression, including the implementation of the National Action Plan for Human Rights (NHRAP) and the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission (LLRC) report
– To enhance the national and grass roots efforts towards reconciliation, stimulating ethnic relations, and religious tolerance, while also promoting the rights of vulnerable groups
– Inter-ethnic relations, religious tolerance and freedom of religion and belief
– Reconciliation and vulnerable groups (internally displaced persons, women, children)
Among financed actions
– Activities for strengthening existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including
building of information sharing mechanisms and promotion of cohesiveness across NGO community
– Joint activities with public institutions and parliamentary bodies
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and national or local public institutions as well as the international donor community
– Systematic monitoring and collection of data
– Legal support services
– Advocacy campaigns