Sectors: Education - Training, Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Information, Local development, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to promote gender equality, women’s rights and prevent gender-based violence.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote participatory actions to put national laws on gender-based violence into practice and align its application with international and national human rights standards;
– To train and build capacity of the actors who participate directly in the provision of legal, health (including mental health), protective and educational support to victims of gender based violence;
– To protect, provide support, train and reintegrate victims of gender-based violence (in particular by creating shelters for victims of domestic violence, with and without children)
– Promotion of a conducive environment for CSOs to operate in their areas of engagement;
– Equitable partnerships for capacity development between local and overseas CSOs; these should include mentoring and coaching, peer learning, networking, and building of linkages from the local to the global level;
– Strengthening of alliances, coalitions, issue based networks, their internal governance and democratic representation and the inclusion and empowerment of their members and constituencies, particularly those at the grassroots;