Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the role of human rights organisations and activists in the Russian Federation in order to enhance respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and to promote democratic dialogue.
Priorities and funded actions:
Objective 1 – To support human rights organisations and defenders
– Promoting and defending freedom of expression, of peaceful assembly and association, contributing to the exercise of human rights
– Promoting effective and transparent domestic accountability and civil society’s role in strengthening the rule of law, the independence of the judiciary, the right to equality before the law and access to justice
– Supporting and protecting human rights defenders, enabling them to carry out their work, as well as awareness-raising of national and international public opinion about their work in the promotion of democracy and human rights
Objective 2 – To enhance public discourse and dialogue on universality of human rights values and democracy
– Developing of innovative and creative methods/platforms/approaches to contribute to erasing barriers dividing communities and society as a whole
– Contributing to open discussions on competing public narratives, including work with historical memory and debates about controversial issues
– Formal and non-formal human rights and civic education, aimed at developing a network of people interested in civil society activism and human rights agenda
Among financed activities
– Strategic litigation
– Civil society monitoring and reporting
– Capacity building
– Support to human rights defenders
– Conciliation of groups’ interests or different stakeholders on disputed or controversial issues
– Awareness raising events and/or public campaigns on human rights and tolerance issues
– Civic education and human rights promotion
– Support to grassroots initiatives