Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Information, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to assist the people of South Sudan in achieving a functioning and sustainable democracy built on the rule of law and the respect of human rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen South Sudanese civil society, human rights defenders and other human rights actors, enabling them to actively promote and protect human rights in a conflict-sensitive way
– Designing a clear conflict-sensitive approach
– Targeting community-based organisations and grass-root movements as well as particularly marginalized communities and those in remote areas in the country
– Including concrete prevention/protection/rehabilitation elements, allowing for the exercise of rights in practice
Among financed actions
– Development and offer of specific services for prevention, protection and rehabilitation
– Training and provision of tools to conduct evidence-based monitoring and reporting
– Psychological counselling
– Dialogue between community, district, State and central levels
– Communication and public information campaigns
– Policy analysis
– Advocacy and lobbying