Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Health, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, supporting the peaceful conciliation of interest groups and consolidating political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society in Zambia in working on human rights and democratisation, and especially in protecting the rights and in improving the living conditions of prisoners
– Answering to the problem of congestion in actual jail houses and improving interior installation
– Ensuring protection of the rights of prisoners, victims of acts of torture
– Improving the rights of children born in prison and enhancing them decent living conditions
– Ensuring basic health, water, nutrition, bedding and sanition services
Among financed actions
– Advocacy to decrease overcrowding by scaling up the use of alternative solutions such as non-custodial sentencing options
– Lobbying activities for prosecuting physical abuses and speeding the progress of prisoners’ cases through the justice system
– Training of professional and staff within the justice, police, prison and medical services, so as to ensure respectful and competent treatment of people in custody
– Activities to promote/ensure other human rights