Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is twofold: i) to support civil society initiatives to promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; ii) to enhance CSO contribution to development and governance efforts in Lebanon.
Priorities and funded actions:
* LOT 1 : EIDHR
– To support actions which seek to prevent and address radicalization of youth through the promotion of respect for human rights
– To combat cases of human trafficking and protect victims, particularly women
* LOT 2 : Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities CSO/LA
– To enhance capacity of Lebanese CSOs as key stakeholders in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth in the fields of Agriculture, Education and Environment
Among financed actions
– Targeted gender-sensitive research studies, surveys, assessments
– Developing innovative communication and public information activities through social media
– Civic, sports and socio-cultural educational activities for both women/girls and men/boys
– Organisation of dialogue platforms, focus groups discussions, role-playing
– Provision of legal aid, psychotherapy and psychiatric assistance
– Capacity building activities for government authorities
– Promotion of the implementation of adopted laws, regulations and public policies
– Lobbying/advocacy for the revision/updating/adoption of policies and legislation
– Enhancing public services implementation with a gender equality perspective
– Delivery of tailor-made training
– Enhancing the role of civil society in generating a culture of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
– Improving capacity of CSOs to participate in multi-actor partnership with local authorities to implement initiatives aiming at providing needed support for development of young people, women and disadvantaged groups with the key aim of income generation