Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean country: Egypt
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reforms in Egypt.
Priorities and funded actions:
Support civil society in Egypt working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation rights
– Pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– Build towards consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
– Enhance political representation and participation as well as the inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society
– Support activities aimed at promoting the issues covered by EU guidelines on Human Rights
– Promote and protect the rights of vulnerable/marginalized groups
– Strengthen civil society organisations’ role and capacities as human rights advocates
– Support adoption, implementation and follow-up of international human rights conventions
– Strengthen the media’s role in promoting a culture of democracy and human rights
– Combat torture and other forms of ill-treatment
Among financed actions
– Monitoring and reporting on human rights issues and policies
– Studies, evaluations and research activities as part of a wider range of activities
– Organisation of meetings and events to build cohesion and dialogue among different
– Coordination and networking activities