Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
No nationality restriction applies to applicants, co-applicants and, if any, affiliated entities.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposal is to support civil society and human rights organisations (CSOs) promoting Human Rights and Democracy in Egypt.
Priorities and funded actions:
Priorities and among financed actions
1 _ To promote and protect of civil, social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination
– Providing legal support and other assistance to vulnerable groups in general and especially to children, women, persons with disabilities, elderly and migrants
– Supporting locally-based initiatives aiming at improving access to justice
– Strengthening the capacity of CSOs to raise awareness and advocate about the rights of vulnerable people in line with international human rights conventions and constitutional rights
2 _ To strengthen of an inclusive/active citizenship and a culture of tolerance and pluralism
– Encouraging youth’s participation in public life at community, local, regional and national levels
– Raising youth’s awareness of their rights to participation in public life (civic education)
– Encouraging women’s participation in political processes and/or empower women in legislative debates, public policy and planning processes