Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Caribbean – Pacific: Ethiopia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the promotion of change in local, regional and national levels to consolidate democratic reforms, encourage participation and promote entitlements for those most in need in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To advance the well-being and entitlements of those most in need, notably minorities, women and girls, children, elderly, persons with disabilities, prisoners, commercial sex workers, orphans etc
– To increase access to information by the public, diversity of the media landscape and the capacity of journalists to inform the public about issues that affect them
Among financed actions
– Support for access to education
– Actions aiming at facilitating dialogue with key stakeholders
– Capacity development of organisations which support groups most in need
– Exchange of best practices and support to networking
– Capacity development or awareness raising to journalists and other media actors
– Promote citizen access to independent information through media and/or the use of information and communication technologies (ICT)