Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Caribbean-Pacific: South Africa
Developing countries: as specified by the Development Assistance Committee of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/DAC)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the achievement of Objective No 2 of the EIDHR Strategy 2011-2013, “Strengthening the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation” and Objective No 2 of Regulation (EU) No 235/2014 establishing a financing instrument for democracy and human rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support to the fight against gender-based violence, and protection of the rights of LGBTI persons
– To enhance the political, civil, economic, social and / or cultural rights of women and children
– To support the prevention of torture, other forms of ill-treatment, and violence in society, as well as the right to remedy and rehabilitation of victims
– Civil society monitoring of actions in South Africa relating to adoption, ratification, and implementation of international human rights commitments
– Promotion of social dialogue, networking, training, and education aimed at preventing different forms of violence and human rights abuse
– Promotion and / or mainstreaming of women’s rights and gender equality
– Promotion and / or mainstreaming of children’s rights
– Promotion and / or mainstreaming of activities in support of victims of torture, other forms of ill-treatment, and violence in society to restore their right to remedy and reparation
– Promotion and / or protection of the rights of LGBTI persons through support to organizations defending the rights of LGBTI persons or protecting LGBTI human rights defenders
Among financed actions
The types of action which are eligible and may be financed are those directly contributing to the achievement of the objectives, priorities and main principles of the EIDHR Strategy Paper 2011-2013