Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the enhancement of democracy and human rights in Sri Lanka.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute in the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms
– To contribute to the strengthening of the international framework for the promotion and protection of human rights, justice and the rule of law in Sri Lanka
– Promoting and defending freedom of expression
– Promoting political leadership development of discriminated and excluded communities
– Providing support to trauma victims as a result of the effects of conflict and/or other forms of structural violence
– Promoting transparent domestic accountability and civil society’s role in strengthening the rule of law, the independence of the judiciary, the right to equality before the law and access to justice, including the rights to fair trial and due process
Among financed actions
– Awareness-raising campaigns and/or lobbying activities for informing public opinion and key decision makers in the areas of the objectives identified in this Call for Proposals
– Improving social, economic and political participation of vulnerable groups through promoting dialogue with authorities
– Analytical or research work in support of lobbying, advocacy and legal reform
– Monitoring and watchdog activities
– Capacity building for mobilisation of the targeted groups, including building of networks for dissemination of information