Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support to human rights and human rights defenders in situations where they are most at risk, to support to other priorities of the Union in the field of human rights and to consilidate democracy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the work of civil society organisations, including human rights organisations, in support of vulnerable and socially excluded groups
– To monitor and conduct civic and voter education in the future Bangsamoro Territory for the plebiscite on the Bangsamoro Basic Law in the first semester of 2015, and the Local Elections planned to be held in June 2016
This call is divided into 3 lots
– Lot 1: Human rights defenders and groups threatened by extra-judicial killings, torture or other worst forms of HR violations (600 000 euro)
– Lot 2: Protection of the rights of children affected by armed conflict (600 000 euro)
– Lot 3: Support for civil society organisations’ activities to promote the people’s rights to well informed free, democratic and transparent plebiscite and elections in the future Bangsamoro (600 000 euro)
Among financed actions
– Awareness raising campaigns and/or lobbying activities for informing public opinion and key decision makers
– Improving social, economic and political participation of minority groups through promoting dialogue with authorities
– Civic education on human rights
– Organizing of public debates and sessions
– Capacity building activities