Sectors: Citizenship, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in Guyana and Suriname in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– To build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
– To enhance political representation and participation
– To enhance the inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society
– To increase safety structures for human rights defenders
– To counter the trends of shrinking space for civil society
– To enhance the rule of law and good governance
– The promotion of equal rights for all and the fight against discrimination
– Promotion of the rights of women and children; including support in countering domestic violence and trafficking in persons
– The defence of the rights of victims of abuses by state agents and the fight against impunity of perpetrators
– The rehabilitation and reinsertion of people held in detention
– Supporting the abolition of the death penalty.
Among financed actions
– Promotion of human rights and monitoring their application
– Activities to reduce domestic and sexual violence, support groups, provision of shelters;
– Promotion of child welfare
– Advocacy for the reform of prisons and the rehabilitation of inmates