Sectors: Human Rights, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Carribean – Pacific : Jamaica and Belize
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role played by civil society in Jamaica and Belize in promoting human rights and democracy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To prevent sexual, physical and emotional abuse of children and youth through gender-sensitive, early and continuous education, behavioural change and psycho-social support
– To rehabilitate and reintegrate people held in detention including children and youth
– To promote equal rights for all and the fight against discrimination based on any ground and, in particular, on sex, social origin, disability or sexual orientation
– To protect women’s rights especially against sexual and gender-based violence and marginalisation
– To support democratic governance and, in particular, the development of the oversight capacity of civil society organisations towards state actors and policies to improve accountability and transparency, election monitoring and educational campaigns.
– To promote initiatives relating to conflict resolution, mediation or alternative dispute resolution
Among financed actions
– Support for organisations who monitor and defend the rights of victims of abuses
– Conflict Resolution, mediation or alternative dispute resolution at the community level or within the justice system
– Data collection
– Counselling, public information and awareness raising
– Education programmes in schools and higher education institutions
– Capacity building and other training