Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independent States: Kosovo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– To build consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
– To enhance political representation and participation
– To enhance the inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society
– To increase safety structures for human rights defenders
– To counter the worrying trends of shrinking space for civil society
– To support activities aimed at promoting the issues covered by EU Human Rights guidelines and in the EUs Strategic Framework and Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy
– To enhance the rule of law and good governance
Among financed actions
– Supporting gender equality
– Supporting the rights of the child
– Supporting the rights of persons belonging to minorities and other vulnerable groups
– Protection and defence of human rights defenders
– Supporting freedom of expression and freedom of religion or beliefs
– Local civil society campaigns
– Support to civil society organisations’ (CSO) actions strengthening democratic reform and dialogue
– Protection of the social, economic and cultural rights