Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Carribean – Pacific: Lesotho
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society and human rights defenders in third countries in working on human rights and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue a common agenda for human rights and democratic reform
– To enhance political representation and participation
– To increase safety structures for human rights defenders
– To enhance the rule of law and democratic principles.
Among financed actions
– Support, protection and defence of human rights defenders
– Fight against impunity, in particular civil society actions ensuring the effective functioning of the rule of law
– Advancement of gender equality
– Fight against human trafficking
– Promotion of the rights of persons belonging to minorities and vulnerable groups
– Freedom of expression and public participation in decision making
– Civil society organisations’ actions and campaigns against the death penalty, against torture and other cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment or punishment
– Advocacy activities
– Protection of social, economic and cultural rights.