Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in facilitating the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote and protect children and young people’s rights
– To promote and protect women’s rights
– To implementation a moratorium on the death penalty towards abolition
– To decrease the incidence of torture, ill treatment, arbitrary detention and extra-judicial killings by state agencies
Among financed actions
– Actions in support of the reform of the child justice administration system, with a specific focus on the effective observation of the United Nations Guidelines on the Prevention of Juvenile Delinquency
– Actions that present novel ways to support the implementation of the Convention on All Forms of Discrimination against Women and its Optional Protocol
– Monitoring of conditions of the use of the death penalty and the application of international minimum standards, as well as prisoners’ incarceration conditions
– Research, publications, production of material and dissemination of information concerning the absolute prohibition of torture, including research related to its root causes and/or consequences