Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute towards the enhancement and preservation of equal citizenship and constitutional literacy in Pakistan in the area of fundamental rights, with particular regard to the impact of the fight against terror on preserving human rights and with a specific focus on youth.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To encourage the proper implementation of the Supreme Court decision on the rights of non-Muslim citizens of 19 June 2014 and to give tangible effect to the Constitutional guarantee to the right of non-Muslim citizens to freely profess, practice and propagate their religions and develop their cultures
– To foster women’s participation in public life, and promote women’s leadership, especially in politics, media and higher education in line with the constitutional provision that mandates non-discrimination on the basis of sex
– To combat impunity, in particular for violations of the constitutional guarantees of security of person, human dignity and judicial guarantees with respect to arrest and detention and fair trial
– Lot 1: Freedom of Religion or Belief
– Lot 2: Women’s Rights and Gender Equality
– Lot 3: Access to Justice
– General priority: coalition building and strengthening of networks and partnerships of civil society organisations, both within Pakistan and in the South Asia region