Sectors: Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific: Papua New Guinea
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy, the rule of law and to the respect for all fundamental rights and freedoms in Papua New Guinea.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute towards upholding the rights of women, ensuring their political participation and the protection of women victims of violence
– To promote and contribute to ensure effective implementation of the following key policy documents and legislation of the Government of Papua New Guinea, namely the ‘National Policy on Women and Gender Equality 2010-2015’, PNG Criminal Code Act including 2003 amendment to Section 103 & 105 on sexual assault and rape within marriage and the recently passed ‘Family Protection Law’
– Actions that aim to promote democratic principles of equality and participation of women
– Actions that support basic fundamental rights of women and girls to life, protection and safe shelters and their freedom to express and seek legal redress on issues affecting them in Papua New Guinea
– Actions to strengthen policy dialogue of Civil Society with Government aimed at consolidating democratic governance, human rights and fundamental freedoms of women and girls in Papua New Guinea
Among financed actions
– Advocacy campaigns
– Activities for strengthening existing civil society platforms, networks and coalition
– Provision of medical and psychological assistance, legal counseling
– Prevention, researching, monitoring, documenting and/or reporting of specific human rights violations