Sectors: Gender equality, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Worldwide
Category: European Commission
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Papua New Guinea : given the nature of the objectives, however, the actions’ focus will preferably be on in-country civil society organizations.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Country Based Support Scheme Papua New Guinea – 2020
Funds for: enabling community actors to address conflicts and violence
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support community actors address sorcery related violence in Papua New Guinea
* To include community-led sorcery related conflict management initiatives that include inter-family, inter-tribal, inter-village processes with a view of sustainable solution of under lying causes. . The specific roles that each of the parties will play, need to be clearly identified in resolving such issue as well as proposals must put forward initiatives to prevent further sorcery related conflicts and violence and maintaining communal peace and order;
* To demonstrate what information, education and communication tools and materials will be used for prevention, advocacy and awareness raising on the issue of sorcery related violence. The selection of tools and materials should be based on evidence about their effectiveness. As sorcery related violence is a phenomenon affecting individuals and communities in Papua New Guinea, proposals must demonstrate how dialogue and interactions between accused and accusers or affected communities can be facilitated
Among financed actions
* Actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
* Actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposal. In the first instance, only concept note will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 18 and 24 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a non-governmental organisation
* Action must take place in Papua New Guinea