Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union, Pacific
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states and Philippines
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Country based support scheme restricted call – Philippines – 2020
Funds for: supporting human rights and human rights defenders in situations where they are most at risk
Priorities and funded actions:
* Supporting human rights and human rights defenders in situations where they are most at risk;
* Supporting other priorities of the Union in the field of human rights where the Union has an added value or specific thematic commitment (EIDHR Global Objective 2);
* Supporting the work of civil society organisations in addressing the needs of vulnerable and marginalised groups (IPs and human rights defenders) with a particular focus on protecting them and supporting their empowerment to claim their rights
* Lot 1: Support to human rights defenders most at risk;
* Lot 2: Support to indigenous peoples most at risk of discrimination, marginalisation and other forms of violations of their nationally and internationally protected rights
Among financed actions
* For lot 1: provision of immediate relief for HRDs at risk and long term protection measures to support the broadening of legal and civic spaces for CSOs and HRDs. Also foreseen are activities on capacity-building, advocacy, and social dialogues;
* For lot 2: capacity building, awareness and education campaign, social dialogue, institutional support, protection mechanisms, research and policy reform. Also foreseen are improvement of IP access to legal and redress mechanisms to prosecute violations and emergency support
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, onlyconcept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 12 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit making;
– Ba a type of organisation as defined in Article 11.2 (a andb) of Regulation N°236/2014 such as : (a) civil society organisations, non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and network thereof at local, national, regional and international level, or (b) public sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national and international level;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or an eligible country as stipulated in the CIR. Pursuant to Commission Implementation Rules (CIR) Article 11 “Eligibility under EIDHR, no nationality restriction applies to lead applicants and, if any, to co-applicants and affiliated entities. However, where the lead applicant is not registered in the Philippines, it must act with minimum one co-applicant registered in the Philippines
* The action must take place in the Philippines